What is the value we deliver to clients?
The Support Department, as an extension of Cantilever, builds on the Mission, Vision and Values to maximize long term success and value for Cantilever customers.
What are we trying to accomplish long-term?
Make great creative work easier.
The Support Department represents a long-term relationship between Cantilever and client, where we can leverage and extend the remote work model to continue to make great creative work easier. Our deep knowledge of the customer's operations, our relationships and familiarity with their staff and our "in-house, but on-demand" accessibility ensure that our clients don't just have a vendor, but a partner, who's invested in their success long-term.
How will the world look if we are successful? (See Parent)
Success for the Support Department looks like success for our clients. As their business needs evolve and grow, our clients have a consistent, reliable partner they return to year after year, project after project, to help them achieve and exceed their business goals.
Values, with a Support Lens (See Parent)
- Relationships First. Our relationships and culture are our most important assets. The Support Department is the custodian of many of those long-term relationships. By focusing on relationships first, we not only ensure our own success, but generate referrals and opportunities for the Production department. Consistently delivering incredible service encourages the client to consider us first for any new project.
- Digital Hospitality. We believe that websites are spaces that users enter — not billboards they see from a distance. For that reason, we ensure that the spaces with which we are entrusted run effectively and efficiently. Much like a retail space, you keep it clean, you re-organize for better customer flow, you update the displays, you improve POS, and occasionally, you clean up after a broken water main. By doing this, we ensure these spaces are open and welcoming to our client's audience, year after year.
- Life Before Work. We work in order to lead the lives we envision – to raise our families, to pursue our interests, to secure our futures. For the Support Department, this means keeping the lights on (even when new sales dry up) and giving Cantilever employees a home-base they can come back to if they're out of stuff to do. The consistent, reliable revenue the Support Department generates provides a safety net for all Cantilever employees and provides job security long-term.
- Never Settling. Once a website launches, it can be easy to start shoe-horning in features that don't mesh with the overall design or engineering of the site. As the Support Department, we safeguard the benchmarks attained by our Production colleagues and aim to make our websites 1% better, every time we touch them. If Cantilever didn't make a site, the goal is to make it look like we did, given a long enough timeline, and the opportunity to improve it.
- Work With What You've Got. The Support Department doesn't get to make all the decisions about how sites work. Some sites we work on are Cantilever-built, highly engineered masterpieces. Some are adopted projects held together with spit and baling wire. We don't differentiate. We treat all websites with the same care and attention to detail because, at the end of the day, it's not about the website: it's still about the relationship first. Our customers come to us with what they've got, and we work with them to get them to where they want to be. Sometimes that takes a while, but it's our job to meet them where they are, without judgment, and help them along the process.