The Production department is the part of the company that serves clients. The department handles client accounts from inception (usually via a
These are aspects of projects which are non-negotiable at Cantilever.
- Every project must have a clear, signed MSA & SOW with the client. Everyone involved with the project should review and fully absorb the SOW.
- Every site we work on must have an entry in the site database which contains all known relevant information about how the site should work.
- Every piece of work assigned to someone on the team should have a clear Asana todo written with all details required to make the work actionable. We have a standard format (Overview/Procedure Link/Definition of Done/Estimate/Timeline), and alternative formats on a case-by-case basis.
- Everything that we deliver to a client should be QAed. Design and UX work should be QAed for accessibility and general usability prior to showing a client. Development work should pass a full QA process before launching to the public.
- Every estimate and timeline we provide to a client must be padded so we have wiggle room if something goes wrong.
- There should never be a todo in a project management tool for which the due date is earlier than today. All todos should be completed on time or re-negotiated on or prior to the due date.
If you are on a project where one of these rules is being broken, please speak to the Strategist for the project. You can find the Strategist for each client and project in the Project Database.