Our project management methodology dictates that every client account has a “Directly Responsible Individual” who has ultimate accountability for the project. Typically, that person will also act as PM. However, sometimes a DRI will recruit a PM to work alongside them to fulfill the project. People in the Project Manager role will sometimes act as a DRI, and sometimes as a support PM alongside a separate DRI.
The PM keeps projects moving forward on schedule on budget and on scope. They do not need to be a technical expert in website design and development. However, we expect that our project managers have enough technical knowledge and experience to understand the core steps of a website project.
The PM coordinates the actions of the design or development team.
We work remotely. PMs are expected to understand the technology, tools and communication styles for working in a remote environment.
- Understands the client’s business and intentions with the project. Understands their requirements and how they translate into the final deliverable. (Stakeholder Register).
- Understands the approved Scope of Work (SOW). What the project is, and what the project is not.
- Opens the project in accordance with Cantilever opening procedures.
- Develops or helps develop the project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Establishes project milestones for the start and end of Discovery, UX, Design, Development, QA and Launch.
- Establishes the To-Dos on Basecamp based on the WBS for designers/developers to complete.
- Assigns or requests team members into the project, in collaboration with the Head of Production.
- Provides weekly updates to the client on the project, to include hours remaining.
- Conducts weekly team huddles (1 or more per week) as part of the project execution
Monitor & Controlling
- Develops or assists the QA Engineer with the development of the QA Checklist for each project.
- Maintains Forecast for the project and reports to the other PMs during the weekly Forecast meeting on project schedule, cost, and team members under/over capability.
- Controls change orders and scope creeps during the design and development process.
- Closes the project in accordance to cantilever procedures.
- Google Tag Manager
- Google Analytics
- Google Drive
Recommended Training, Education & Certifications
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Project Management Institute Agile Certified Professional (PMI-ACP)
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
- How to Build Websites, by CODEcademy
- Workplaceless (Certified in Remote Work) by Workplaceless
- Certified in Distributed management by Remote-How