Hi, I’m Ty! I am the founder and CEO of Cantilever, a distributed web design firm. I’m also a volunteer, and the father of two wonderful kids. I have a full and hectic life. I am looking for a fantastic Personal Assistant to help handle all of the little (and big) things that take up my time, so I can focus on my work and family.
To help my business and my family succeed by unlocking my time and energy for the most important work I have.
I live half-time in beautiful Fair Lawn, NJ with my kids and half-time in Harlem, NYC. You should be based in NJ or NYC and be willing to travel each direction to help with needs on that side.
- Sending/retrieving packages
- Dry cleaning
- Taking car to garage and car wash
- Buying home supplies
- Help drive in and out of the city so I can work on the way
- Occasionally, go on longer trips with me and take care of the logistics and driving so I can focus
- Help set up appointments for me & family
- Help manage my calendar and coordinate events
- Help make online reservations for travel and lodging for me and my family
- Perform online research to find service providers and products
- Order and pick up food
- Help process mail and paperwork
- Light social media management and posting coordination
- Light paperwork & computer tasks
- Help keep the house tidy and organized
- Handle dishes
- Help with the cat
- Manage service providers in the house (construction, cleaners, etc) and make sure they have access and are given what they need
- Help with small projects around the house, like organizing closets, digitizing records, taking items to be donated, moving furniture around, and things like that
On occasion – usually I want to be doing this myself
- Light childcare
- Help with pickups and dropoffs
Initially we can start with 10-20 hours hours a week, which can be flexible based on your schedule. Mornings, afternoons, or a combination are fine. Some days can be longer and some shorter. If you can be here for lunch generally that should be helpful. Over time we hope that your responsibilities, hours, and compensation can all grow. If you think you’re a good fit but are looking for full-time work, please reach out anyway. It might be possible for the right candidate.
- Have a heart for service. Helping others should bring you fulfillment.
- Care about making the world a better place
- Have a knack for getting things taken care of so that nobody notices that there was ever a problem
- Be interested in learning and growing and trying new things
- Be able to handle a wide range of tasks well, without needing assistance
- Be detail-oriented and devoted to accuracy
- Communicate clearly and speak confidently
- Have a car and be able to drive – we will pay for gas for work trip.
This is a part-time W2 position at Cantilever. We are offering $20/hr. The role is eligible for most of the benefits we offer part-time employees including:
- PTO accrued based on the number of hours you work
- Sick pay
- Quarterly bonuses based on company performance
- Parental leave
If you use your own car you will be reimbursed at standard IRS mileage rates for gas, wear and tear, etc with additional reimbursement for tolls.
Beyond direct compensation, I would like to help you with any advice, mentorship, and guidance I may be able to provide, whether you are interested in the tech/design world or not.
How to Apply
email@example.com with the subject line “I’m interested in the Personal Assistant role at Cantilever!”