This policy outlines the acceptable use of Cantilever's computers and internet services by its employees. The policy applies to all employees, contractors, and third-party vendors who have access to Cantilever's technology resources.
Cantilever's technology resources, which include computer hardware, software, and internet services, are provided to employees to support the company's business operations. Employees are expected to use these resources responsibly and professionally, in compliance with this policy and all applicable laws.
The following activities are considered acceptable use of Cantilever's technology resources:
- Conducting work-related activities that directly support the company's business operations.
- Accessing the internet for work-related research, communication, and collaboration.
- Using email for work-related communication, in compliance with Cantilever's email policy.
- Storing and sharing files on Cantilever's approved cloud storage services, in compliance with Cantilever's data storage policy.
- Installing and using software that is approved and licensed by Cantilever, in compliance with Cantilever's software policy.
The following activities are considered unacceptable use of Cantilever's technology resources:
- Using Cantilever's technology resources for personal gain, such as engaging in personal business activities, gambling, or downloading unauthorized software.
- Accessing or attempting to access systems, networks, or data that are not explicitly authorized for use by Cantilever.
- Circumventing or attempting to circumvent security measures, such as firewalls, to gain unauthorized access to Cantilever's technology resources or the internet.
- Using Cantilever's technology resources to harass, defame, or discriminate against others, or to access, view, or distribute offensive or inappropriate content.
- Installing or using software that is not approved or licensed by Cantilever, or intentionally introducing viruses, malware, or other harmful software onto Cantilever's network.
Employees who violate this policy may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment or termination of access to Cantilever's technology resources. Violations of this policy may also result in civil or criminal liability for the employee and/or Cantilever.
This policy will be reviewed periodically by Cantilever's leadership and updated as necessary to reflect changes in technology, business operations, or applicable laws.