We have recently started creating workshops that our team and those outside our team can participate in. These range from whatever area of expertise that any of our current team members have. If you are asked to teach a workshop you will be responsible for the bulk of the information as well as a presentation. You will have a host (currently Nikki) who will be helping you through the process.
Who can do this
Anyone who is part of the cantilever team.
Prior to the Workshop
Reach out to the presenter to set up a time to talk through creating and running a workshop about a month before they will give the presentation. This call will include what to expect, how the format will run and give you the chance to share your idea for the workshop. There will be social media created to promote the workshop. In this meeting you will need to answer these questions:
- What date will this be held?
- What time?
- What will it be about?
- Do you plan to have a presentation, and what does it entail?
- Are you requiring anything of those participating that they will need to have prior to joining the call?
- Is there anything you need the host to do during the presentation?
- Would you like to field questions at the end or would you like the host to do that?
Once you have connected with the presenter, you'll want to follow these steps:
- Create the workshop meeting/event in the calendar to allow easy invitation access for those who sign up.
- Make sure that you invite every Cantilever team member to the workshop by default.
- Create the new workshop form in Hubspot and copy link to scheduled social media posts.
- You may need to connect to whomever is doing the social media calendar to get this information into the posts, and or ensure the posts about the workshop are scheduled.
- Check Workshop Hubspot form two weeks before the event and add anyone who has signed up to the workshop meeting.
- Check Workshop Hubspot form 1 week before the event and add any one who has signed up to the workshop meeting.
- Email participants 1 day before the workshop to remind them to join.
- Record the Workshop and ensure everyone is on mute during the presentation.
- Take the recording from the workshop and send to whoever will edit it for Youtube.
- Make sure post-workshop social media posts are scheduled.