All Cantilever repositories should have a README (this is a newish policy so many currently do not). The README should explain:
- Briefly, what the project is for
- How to install the project locally (including the acquisition of a database if needed)
- How to deploy the project
- Link to the relevant Site Documentation for all other details
All Cantilever websites should also be documented in the . The Documentation should include information about the project which non-developers might need. Dev-specific information can stay in the README.
That documentation should include data like:
- Overview of the project. Who is the client and what are we doing for them?
- Relevant URLs to staging/dev environements, CMSes, etc.
- Link to the repository
- Info on hosting and CDNs
- Info on DNS for the client’s domain
- Info on browser support requirements
- Info on standards for development (According to our dev standards rubric)
The body of the documentation should follow our standardized format which you can generate by clicking "New > Documentation" on the Site Documentation table.
This format includes: