UX design involves mapping out the functionality and content of a site. The most common deliverables are wireframes, but we also do content audits and other analytical processes during UX.
Typical UX Designer Responsibilities
- Absorb and understand the diagnostic report, SOW, and any other project documentation
- Get to know the client. Understand their mission and unique qualities.
- Perform a content audit to understand the available content and how it can fit in to a new site
- Create low-fidelity pencil or iPad sketches that outline the basic structure of the site
- Create a wireflow diagram to show all the pages in the site and how they connect
- Create medium-fidelity wireframes that show the full features set and content structure of the site
- Create a content model document to outline the structure of the design and help the CMS developer latch on quickly
- Write documentation for the visual designer so they understand all the nuances of the UX design