Business development is focused on finding, engaging with, and bringing in new clients. Biz Dev also consults with Strategists to define and propose new work to existing clients, but this is not its focus.
Our relationships are based on mutual value. So we don’t pitch folks just to try and make money. We try to find organizations with whom we can create genuine, lasting value, together.
- Strangers: The whole addressable market
- Followers: Our broader network, social media following, etc.
- Engagers: Companies regularly interacting with our content, meeting our people, etc
- Prospects: Companies who we could generate value for, whether or not we know them yet
- Leads: Companies with whom we have discovered mutual interest in working together
- Clients ✅
Marketing is how we bring folks from Strangers to Prospects.
Sales is how we bring folks from Prospects to Clients.
The two must work holistically together to maximize results, so at Cantilever both parts fall into a single group, Biz Dev.