- 1password. Follow instructions you received through email.
- Google Drive File Stream app, connected to your Cantilever email
- Harvest browser extension(s) or mac app (Found in App Store)
- If a Cantilever Phone number is assigned to you, get the Vonage mobile app and optionally the desktop softphone
- Zoom Desktop App and ideally Mobile App on iPhone or Android
- Google Chrome
- Download or set up any other software tools you want:
- Acrobat Reader (Free)
- Alfred (License in 1pass) - shortcut tool
- Calendly (Pay with team CC) - calendar app
- Microsoft Office (Use team Office 365 subscription to download) - To edit office docs
- Rested (Pay with team CC) or Postman - to help test API/URL Post/Get submissions
- Moom (Pay with team CC)
- Skitch/Snagit (Pay with team CC) - Snapshot/Screenshot software
- Things (Pay with team CC) - Personal task management software (outside of Basecamp)
- Transmit (License in 1pass) - File Transfer / FTP app
- VMWare Fusion (License in 1pass) - Virtualization software to run other OS's on your machine
For anyone touching any design work:
- Creative Cloud Account (Pay with team card)
- Download Creative Cloud apps you need
- Dribbble account
- Invision Account (Pay with team card)
- Invision Mac apps
- Sketch (License in 1pass)
For anyone touching any development work:
- Github Account (No need to pay)
- Gitlab Account (No need to pay)
- Software tools you want
Beyond applications, developers also need to set up their systems to work properly with our local environments.Our basic toolkit is:
- Homebrew. Install this first, it makes installing everything else easier.
- Git. If you installed Xcode, you will have git automatically, but you may want a more recent version for some of the QOL updates they’ve added over the years.
- PHP. Your Mac will come with PHP but upgrading is often smart if the version is old. Generally the last stable version is fine. Use this guide. Note that you may need update your bash profile like so.
- Composer, installed globally. You should be able to type "composer install" rather than `php ./composer.phar`, for instance.
- RVM. Don’t bother installing any particular ruby ahead of time, the specific version you want is highly project-dependent.
- Vagrant and Homestead
With those global tools in place, you should be able to install almost any Cantilever project according to the Dev Notes instructions, without trouble.
You will need an SSH key in order to authenticate with Cantilever servers. Use this guide:
If you are migrating from an old machine, we highly suggest copying over your existing SSH key rather than setting up a new one. Use this guide:
If you generated a new key that is not on our various servers, the first step is to get it added to Forge. Speak to DevOps about that.Then, you may need to get it added to individual projects which are not on forge. Speak to the relevant PM about that.